The ecommerce software market has become a hotbed for new business ventures, with the demand steadily growing. In that case, the best ecommerce software for small businesses is looked at by the entrepreneurs. The recent Covid crisis is playing a major role in ecommerce business.
The most popular features of these platforms are shopping carts and payment processing tools that allow businesses to create an online store having no technical know-how or costly technology investments.
In addition, best-in-class packages integrate POS systems that can be used both on-site at your retail location and through Amazon Marketplace - no matter what type of product you sell!
Shopify is the most comprehensive ecommerce solution for small businesses on the market, boasting more features than any other platform. It is regarded amongst one of the top 5 ecommerce platforms for many years. With access to 1,200 apps and a starting plan at just £22 per month for your business's needs as they grow into success with you - it doesn't get much better than that!
Online stores rarely have a try before you buy option, but Shopify offers 14 days for free to test the sales tools and build your store. If it suits all your needs after that period, then there are several plans with different pricing options available!
1. Very easy to customize.
2. The powerful reporting feature tells you which items are most likely to sell.
3. The access to hundreds of additional features via integrations with other apps means that your business is always growing!
1. Shopify is known for imposing transaction fees.
2. You will need to reformat your entire website if you decide to switch templates.
3. There are no low-stock alerts without an upgrade.
Ecwid can be integrated with any website builder where you're able to inject code. It's free and comes packed full of features, including a shipping calculator for ecommerce purposes.
Ecwid is a free ecommerce software for any website, which includes unlimited site hosting with one-click installation and lifetime access to additional features.
Ecwid's only downside is that it lacks customer support and customization options - both of which are essential in the world of digital commerce.
1. No ads on free sites.
2. Free shipping calculators for USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
3. They come pre-built inside popular website builders like Wix or Squarespace, so you don't need any coding skills at all!
1. You can add only 10 products to the free plan.
2. Very limited customer support.
3. Fewer customizable options.
Square Online provides small businesses with the best sales tools, including multi-channel selling. You can use this free plan to sell your products on multiple channels without paying a steep price! This software offers excellent features for both newcomers and more experienced merchants alike.
For example, Square allows you to see daily revenue reports that show how much money has been made in each channel throughout the day as well as visitor traffic analytics, so you know just who is visiting their websites or social media pages from where around the world!
Square Online is a user-friendly and affordable website option for businesses. But it only supports one payment processor (Square POS). However, if you're happy using Square as your point-of-sale system or don't mind restricting yourself to simple design options then this could be an excellent choice!
1. Good value for money.
2. Simple and easy-to-use website design.
3. Marketing features like email marketing, access to paid adverts, and product promotion labels are available.
1. Lack of tutorials and user tips.
2. Transaction fees are higher when you don’t use their own payment processor.
3. No phone support is available.
BigCommerce offers a variety of ways to get your products in front of customers, including Facebook, Instagram, Amazon.com, and eBay. One benefit is that you can sell on these platforms without paying any transaction fees, most other ecommerce companies charge them instead!
BigCommerce also makes it easy for new sellers with their handy SEO prompts when adding items and helpful customer service team available all day long (unlike Shopify).
1. Multi-channel integration with social media platforms.
2. Minimum Transaction fees.
3. Seo guidance is available to improve your site.
1. Interface isn’t user-friendly.
2. No mobile app is available.
3. Designs are very limited.
Wix is one of the best ecommerce platforms for small businesses looking to appear higher on search engine results pages, getting you not only more visitor traffic but also increased sales.
Wix is a robust ecommerce platform, with an SEO wizard to help your site get higher on the search engine rankings. Moreover, it has 71 available templates that are customizable from colors and fonts right down to in-built checkout buttons for those looking for an all-inclusive package.
1. Top-notch SEO features for small businesses.
2. Very rich quality design elements.
3. You can add product videos.
1. Too much creative freedom makes it hard to adhere to ecommerce best practices.
2. Switching templates are disabled after publishing the site.
The success of your online store is contingent upon providing the customer with what they expect. For example, if you do not plan to support multiple languages or currencies in order for your business to grow then be prepared for customers that will have a hard time understanding when placing an order in one language and paying with another currency.
Another thing is you have a strong hosting package for successfully running your business online since web hosting is so important for any website. A chatbot could provide quick responses which may help resolve some issues, but it still does not account for those who need human interaction at times which can only be provided by call centers where staff are available 24/7.
A fully-featured ecommerce app will play an important role in the success of your business. These features not only become more essential as you grow, but they also help to make sure that your store can continue to expand.
Therefore it's so crucial for any platform with these capabilities to have them available at a lower price point and still offer advanced functions or extensive integrations if needed!
So, why waiting for? Grab the best one for your business.